We know spread of COVID-19 (also known as Coronavirus) has sparked concern worldwide, particularly among the elderly and those with underlying health issues. With this in mind, if you are concerned about receiving treatment for your skin cancer or any other condition we are treating you for at this time, we strongly encourage you to speak to our team before making any decisions. Your health care providers are the best source of information and they understand your unique circumstances. Please stay informed, ask questions and heed the advice of medical professionals and the CDC to help ensure your safety during the COVID-19 outbreak.
How is Dermatology Specialists / Aqua Medical Spa protecting patients, families and visitors?
Dermatology Specialists is deemed an “essential business” and our offices will remain open to continue serving patients with their medical and surgical dermatology needs.
- We have implemented temporary visitor instructions
- We have now added Telemedicine to enable you to be seen by one of our specialists from the comfort of your own home using your smartphone, computer or other compatible electronic device
- We have enhanced techniques and frequency of clinic cleanings
- We are implementing a patient questionnaire screening process to identify anyone with signs and symptoms of respiratory illness and applicable travel or contact history with COVID-19
- We are modifying our waiting rooms to give extra space to patients waiting to be seen. You will also be given the option of waiting in your vehicle, once checked-in, until you are called on your mobile phone to be seen by the provider.
How can you help protect yourself?
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends following these standard precautions for avoiding Covid-19:
- Avoid contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes or mouth with unwashed hands
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Avoid sharing dishes, glasses, bedding and other household items if you’re sick
- Stay home if you are sick and avoid public areas
For additional information, please read our letter concerning COVID-19.